This lovely woman, a wife and mother of three young children is dead; a sad victim of domestic violence by the hand of her own husband.
How sad. This lovely mother of 3 kids died by the hand of her own husband; a victim of protracted domestic violence. Other women aren’t safe from bestial men like him. The slain Abosede Okeowo was a Celestian…
Very soberly, I present below the narrative that concerned women in Badagry LG of Lagos State sent to me just yesterday…
BADAGRY WOMEN DEVELOPMENT FORUM
WE DEMAND JUSTICE FOR THE MURDER OF ABOSEDE OKE AND AFFIRM AS FOLLOWS…
(1) That Mrs. Abosede Oke, before her death on Saturday July 24th, 2021 had been a victim of domestic violence as she was a punching bag to the husband, Mr Okeowo.
(2) That on Wednesday 21st July, she brought home some beef for the family to eat and this triggered anger in his husband.
(3) That Mr Yemi Oke was so angry he assaulted his wife physically untill she lost her consciousness.
(4) That thereafter, Mr. Yemi Oke did not show any sense of responsibility by taking her to the nearest hospital.
(5) That it took the effort of her daughter who called on some neighbors to take the mother to the Badagry General Hospital.
(6) That on Saturday July 24th, the victim gave up the ghost.
(7) That this act contravenes the Lagos State Criminal Law, 2015 and Protection Against Domestic Violence Law, 2007.
(8) That in view of the above, we demand that the said Mr. Yemi Oke should face the full wrath of the law.
(9) That we use this medium to call on all relevant authorities, human rights activists, lawyers, religious bodies, civil organizations, relevant NGOs to demand for justice for late Abosede Oke as domestic violence against women is unacceptable in our society.
(10) That Badagry Women Development Forum frowns against injustice of any form against women.