Five Mysterious Things That Happened At The Birth of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola
Written By Aduralere Oluwagbohunmi
1. An Angel Foretold His Birth. According to E. H. L Olusheye, the former President of Christ Apostolic Church and protegee of Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola, Martha Talabi Rotimi, the mother of Joseph Ayo Babalola conceived in 1904. Just before her conception, as she was going to the farm, an Angel appeared to her in form of an elderly man in white robe. The angel told her to be humble and submissive to her husband, and that she would be blessed by a male child whom the Lord God of heaven would use to bless many all over the world.
2. Heaven and Earth shook at his birth. According to Pastor Mediaiyese, “There was a wonderful occurrence on the day Ayo Babalola was born. A thunderous voice sounded in the sky from the East to the West, the stars in the sky shook violently as if you shook a tree so much as to cause all the leaves to fall off.” The thunder paralysed some of the idols in the village. The testimony of Pastor Mediaiyese is dependable because he walked with Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola from the beginning of his ministry to the very end. He was with him for 30 solid years.
3. A lake was miraculously sighted at the place of his birth at Igbo Niyun (Pleasant forest). The water was used to bath him and it has since then became a miracle working water. Thousands of people troooped to the birth place of Ayo Babalola to fetch this miracle water.
4. Supernatural Provision of fishes and bush meats for the naming ceremony. It is a tradition in Yoruba land to celebrate naming ceremony of the first son in an elaborate way. Friends and families usually gather together in large number for the celebration. During Ayo Babalola’s naming ceremony, God supernaturally provided fishes and bush meats for the hunters that went to fetch them. The animals naturally came out for slaughtering. The hunters testified that they needed no strategy to kill the animals as they willingly came out and submit themselves into their hands. Even fishes came to the bank of “River Jordan” for easy catch. River Jordan is about one kilometer to the birth place of Ayo Babalola.
5. As a baby, his mother revealed that Ayo Babalola usually cried tirelessly with a sharp voice. God gave Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola a naturally amplified voice that can be heard two kilometers away. He did most of his revivals without microphones and sound speakers. He ministered to more than 40,000 worshipers with his natural voice. I don’t know any man in this earth who has a similar gift.