YOU ARE AS GUILTY AS THEM!
A particular video clip showing some young boys throwing Nigerian legal tender into the air in presence of some elders in a particular parish in Nigeria was shared and it met great criticism from the members of the church.
Everyone was so fast to speak against it because they see the act as spiritual confusion and not scriptural. The main accusing finger was pointed the shepherd of the said parish because from all indications, he was right there and the money was particularly targeted at him.
Of a truth, the act is against the principle and pattern of Christ but do all the people condemning this act has the moral and spiritual stand to do so?
1. These boys didn’t do what they did out of the blue, they would have seen some people do it in that particular parish or another Celestial parish therfore it was normal to them. Invariably, they learnt it from people within the church.
2. The Constitution of Celestial Church of Christ stated that pasting of money on anyone (especially the choir) is strictly prohibited. Out of those who were condemning the act, how many do not do the same during harvest Thanksgiving or any celebration in Celestial Church of Christ.
3. The elders speaking against it do jot have a voice to speak against the act. They might speak agasint it in some places but when it happens to them, they find flimsy excuses to justify it.
4. The shepherds condemning the issue are also culprits. They would never tell their sheep(congregations) not to do so during any celebration in the church, they believe so much in money that they turn harvest Thanksgiving to money making venture, they are the owns that would sell items in the church in the name of trying to get money, they are the ones that would never speak against fraudsters and immoral people but rather they silently encourage them behind as long as they are able to get money from the.They tend to fool their follwers that doing this act is a way of worshiping God which is a big lie!
5. Those that spoke agasint them would stand and buy spiritual items, fruits etc when anyone sells in during the service.
Therefore if you fall into any category of the people above, the same judgement you passed on those boys, the same resentment, the same annoyance you had, is the same God has been having on you and your source of lively hood.
If we are really sad about the conduct of these boys, we should change our ways, we should begin to show people the truth, shepherds and elders should stand their feet in the truth of Christ, choristers should reject being sprayed money, harvest Thanksgiving and other celebrations in Celestial Church of Christ should not be monetized.
Come to think of it, with the money we say we are ‘spending for God'(as most people say) where is our testimony? Are not filled with struggling and running to makes ends meet? Is the result of the spraying and pasting money jot temporary blessing that doesn’t last till the next year?
Let’s think about this!