Those who are qualified to take d holy communion in CCC
1. Must be a Member: ofcourse only a member of the church is allowed to partake in taking the Holy Communion.
2. Must be an Adult: (i.e must be 18years and above) and must have been baptized. Baptism is very important for a Celestial member before he/she could take the Holy Communion.
3. Fasting: This is only necessary but not compulsory as it will help draw you closer the more to God before the Holy Communion is taken.
4. Must Abstain from mortal and venial Sin: To receive Holy Communion, it is necessary to be free from mortal sin, to have a right intention and to obey the Church’s laws, tenets and doctrines. Venial sin does not make us unworthy of receiving Holy Communion, but it does prevent us from receiving the more abundant graces and blessings which we would otherwise receive from Holy Communion. CCC Hymn 771 says Mo nbe ninu ododo….. & CCC Hymn 772 Chorus part says “Eje Jesu Kristi iyebiye……
5. Must be Clean: Psalm 24:3-5 talked about Cleanliness, also an English proverb says, Cleanliness is next to Godliness, we should be neat, clean in and out, modest in our appearance, respectful and reverent in our manner. Each time we receive Holy Communion we should try to be as devout and fervent as if it were the Holy Communion of our lives. This brings us to washing of feet before taking the Holy Communion. It represents cleanliness before taking the Holy Communion.
6. You Must Forgive: From The Lord’s Prayer that we say every day, we say “Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those ” the question now is, have you forgive those Who trespass against you? If YES, No problem you can take the Holy Communion, but if NO, you are not qualified at all. You Must settle with and be at peace with everyone before you can take the Hole Communion in CCC, do not hold grudges or keep malice while taking the Holy Communion. It Must be taken with a pure heart. Otherwise, danger looms. Hymn 771, stanza 1, 2nd to d last line says, “Ewa ninu idapo…. 1Corinthias 11:26 – For as often as ye eat this bread and drink this Cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till He come…, Also Luke 22:19-20 – And He took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying This is my body, which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. John 6:53-Then Jesus disdain unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.
Here is a story of one Senior Elder Olowoloba, a member of CCC at Arepo Village in the 60s as narrated to me. For about three years consecutively ,he and the entire Parish missed the service of washing of feet. He became seriously ill to the point of death. In a state of comma he saw a very long white ship into which Celestians were filling, he hurriedly put on His sutana and ran to the ship only to discover that there was a roll call. At the end of the roll call, he did not hear His name. He moved near and protest since he too was a Celestian. He was asked to show a sign that he was truly a Celestian. They looked thoroughly at his feet and saw no mark; he was then asked to run back to Makoko, get his feet washed before he could qaulify to enter the ship. When he came round, he gather himself up and with all his family and the Church members came to Makoko where the service of washing if feet was coincidentally in progress. He narrated his experience, washed his feet, and all the members of his family and members of the Church washed their feet too. Eventually he got well soon after; but he died the same year.
A full service and administration of Holy Communion follow washing of feet on Holy Thursday evening. Mark 14:22-26, Luke 22:14-20; 1Corinthians 11:23-32. Our Lord Jesus Christ said “Blessed are ye if ye know these things and do them” John 13:17. Again he said “These do in remembrance of me” Luke 22:19. It has become statutory in Celestial Church of Christ worldwide to administer Holy Communion on quarterly basis – three monthly exercise.
Thank you for reading! May God of Celestial make us a doer of the word and not a hearer alone in Jesus name. Amen.
Kindly say this prayer silently: Jehovah, Jesus Christ, Holy Michael, God of Oshoffa, thank you for your grace upon me despite all my Sins, Lord JESUS, Son of the living God, Who, by the will of the father, with the cooperation of the Holy Spirit, have by Your death given life to the world, deliver me by this You Most Sacred Body and Blood from all my sins and from every evil. Make me always cling to Your commandments, and never permit me to be separated from You. Which with the same God the father, and the Holy spirit, live and reign, God, world without end. Amen.
I know you have been blessed and you shall be more blessed in JESUS name. Amen.