WHEN THE CHURCH BECOMES A BUSINESS
1) Pastors function like CEOs
2) Members are turned into customers
3) Other churches are seen as competitions
4) Evangelism is reduced to marketing
5) Church planting looks more like franchising
6) Numbers of members and material possessions are primary measure of success
7) Prayer and Word study are replaced by formulas
8) Revival is reduced to a few days fund-raising program
9) Preaching sounds more like motivational speech.All the people do is shout “I receive, Amen,” throughout the concert. I mean the “service”.
10) Praise and Worship is turned into a
performance. The best actors are made the worship and praise leaders.
11) The Spirit of God is reduced to “emotionalism”. No real power of God other than hypnosis and sensationalism.
12) The saints are entertained instead of equipped
13) Disciples of Christ have become papa’s sons, daughters and fans.
14) The Church, a living Body has now become a lifeless body
15) A leader’s empire is built instead of the
Kingdom of God advanced
16) The pastor becomes the super man and Jesus Christ reduced to just another religious figure.
17. Comedians and actors are invited to take over the pulpit of God to entertain the flesh instead of feeding the spirit man.
Does any one of these sound familiar in this
generation? Beloved, if you are under these pattern of “Christianity” you are already in a cult, not the Church of Jesus Christ. Get out before it is too late!!!
All I have highlighted above is exactly what made Jesus himself ask: “When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith in he Earth?” (Luke 18.)
OLUWA WA PELU EEE