ALL CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA ARE CREATED TO DO GOOD WORKS
The “salt of the earth” and the “light of the world” nature of every Nigerian Christian is meant primarily for GOOD WORKS; for them to be doing good works everywhere they are in Nigeria. What salt does as a cleanser and preserver is good works. What light does is so enormous such that no good thing is possible without it readily available. The role of Christians in Nigeria is good works, for this’s what they are created for.
The Bible says “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10) Through this scripture, all Nigerian Christians have to understand that they are created in Christ as workmen meant to be doing good works everywhere every time.
Good works are embedded in the acts of love; love towards God, love towards humanity, love towards the land and love towards every organization and institution in the land. No nation can be great when good works is not continually done. Every prospering country firstly display love towards their country, then towards their citizens, before displaying love towards their organizations or institutions. Also, no one can do any good work when one doesn’t love the job one is doing. This’s the reason it’s not advisable to be involved in any job one cannot derive joy in.
Good works involves, and are not restricted to, the following;
* Developing the Kingdom of God on earth.
* Maintaining godly homes through healthy marriage.
* Raising and training up godly child(ren) biologically or by fosterage.
* Working morally and legally.
* Paying your tax and bills.
* Helping the needy.
* Working and walking in love.
* Displaying faith in the nation.
* Living in obedience to the laws of the land.
* Displaying mutual respect for fellow citizens.
* Dealing righteously in business and in private or public responsibilities.
* Standing, speaking and working against every evil or wrong doings in the land.
If Christians in Nigeria will continue to do good works, it’ll not take long before the effects of love be felt by every individual in the nation. Thereby, the name of God will be glorified and the ungenerated citizens will by the good works get converted into the Kingdom of Light.