Down the memory lane,heroes of faith in CCC…
EMMANUEL MAWUYON GUTON & ELIZABETH EKUNDAYO
1. A notable name which every CCC member must know at heart is EMMANUEL MAWUYON GUTON(EMG).
2. Just the way some names resonate with some parishes as the founding members, EMG is a name that resonates with the foundation, doctrines and tenets of the Celestial Church of Christ.
3. The Pastor Founder talked much about him as recorded in the Church Constitution and till tomorrow he remains a major prophet of note in this holy fold. It was through him that a lot of our worship practises and rites were revealed.
4. Emmanuel Mawuyon (Olorundara) Guton was the son of Elizabeth Ekundayo,the elder sister of the Pastor Founder,Papa S.B.J. Oshoffa.
This imply he was the sororal nephew of the Pastor Founder.
5. He was the only child and son of his mother,Elizabeth Guton nee Oshoffa.
6. He was dead in 1947,about three days after Papa SBJO returned to Porto Novo from his encounters at Agangoue and to the glory of Lord God Almighty,he was brought back to life after the Pastor touched his corpse. (1980 edition of the CCC Blue Constitution,page 7, paragraph 23).
7. He received the gift of the prophecy immediately he was raised back to life.
8. Papa SBJO named him as the first prophet in the Celestial Church of Christ Worldwide. (CCC 1980 Constitution, Page 23,Paragraph 76).
9. God used him to reveal the use of Pajaspa,the specially designed receptacle for taking collections at our devotional worships,with a candle lit at one end.
10. It was Mawunyon that God used to reveal the below CCC Hymns:
1. CCC Hymn 56- Yah Gol Lah Mariyanga Rih Yeh),usually sung during Watchnight Worships and other important worships in the Celestial Church of Christ.
2. CCC Hymn 315 -Yah rih gorimah
3. Awon Agba tan fitila meje
4. CCC Hymn 2 – Yah Rah Sah Rah
5. CCC Hymn 3 – Yah Rah Mah
11. Emmanuel Mawunyon Guton later became an Evangelist in the Celestial Church of Christ.
12. He became the Evangelist in charge of Ivory Coast in the later years.
13. God used Mawunyon to give CCC WW injunctions about Holy Communion rites and mixture.
14. The injunction about the seven candlesticks (Manorah) and the candleholders was given to CCC WW through Mawunyon Guton.
15. The use of MATTAH(a box to be placed on the altar table wherein should be kept the cross and stick which is the symbol of Christ’s covenant with the Pastor Founder) was revealed also through Emmanuel Mawunyon Guton.
16. Emmanuel Mawunyon Guton Guton contributed immensely and spiritually to the growth of the Celestial Church. At the beginning of the Church, he did a lot of work by way of spiritual messages,even at the Pastor Founder’s residence then at Porto Novo.( 1980 Constitution, Page 25 &26,Paragraph 80 & 83 respectively).
17. Mawunyon it was who indicated how in heaven a pot of incense was being swung accompanied by CCC Hymn 2. He also that same night gave us that CCC Hymn 2 should be followed by CCC Hymn 3.
Photo Credit: Baba Akossou Severin
Reference: CCC 1980 Blue Cover Constitution