CELESTIAL CHURCH of CHRIST (CCC), C&S and OTHER CHURCHES by SMSE Ayoleke Ogunkoya
Some believers has been asking numerous questions about Celestial Church of Christ and as it relates to other churches. I thought by putting this little piece together, it may shed some light on existing questions and may even raise new ones too. Enjoy.
Halleluyah! Halleluyah!! Halleluyah!!!
I know a question previously came thus “Is CCC different from other Churches”? Now this question “Is CCC different from C & S”?
It vastly depends on what angle you are looking at things from. There are 2 major factors that differentiates churches.
The first is known as Primary Doctrine and the second is known as Secondary Doctrine.
1. Primary Doctrine is on the basis of acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Also, believe that bible (both old and new testament) is the word of God and evangelize its content. On the basis of the Primary Doctrine, all Christ and bible believing churches are the same including CCC, C&S, Redeem etc.
2. Secondary Doctrine is on the basis on individualized church tenets, customs, traditions, practices and above all divine injunctions given to individual churches. On this ground, CCC, C&S, Redeem etc are vastly different. However, from the little that we know, it seem that CCC and C&S are the two denominations that was descended from heaven in like manners of worship. Other churches are formed and worship on the terrestial and theological grounds.
Lastly, the marked difference between CCC and C&S are:
1. Our mode of worship is different.
2. The church organization is different.
3. Our mode of dressing is different. From sewing design, choice garment materials, to colours of our loins.
4. CCC does not wear shoes on Sutana, C&S wears shoe on garment.
5. CCC wears white only, while C&S wears other colours including red (which stands for victory).
6. Our songs and hymns are different but a few are similar in chorus but not lyrics.
7. Here is the major difference: C&S stands for Cherubim & Seraphim, Cherub (plural) are calm four-winged angels and Seraph(plural) are fiery six-winged angels. These angels perform the work of guards i.e. cherub guards the tree of life after Adam & Eve were chased out of Eden and they are guards around the throne of God.
On the other hand, CCC stands for Celestial Church of Christ, Celestial literally translating to “heavenly or belonging to heaven” is owned by Christ. The church was created to bring people back to God, strictly for the purpose of salvation. CCC is guarded by angel Michael (the archangel or the head of angels). CCC hymn says “mikeli mimo oga ogun, ijo mimo mbe niwaju re.. For those that understands the things of heaven, they know that C&S is part of CCC. CCC includes C&S, the choir, the worshippers, the twenty-four elders and all other angels.
The sad part and mystery about CCC is that many wonder why some Celestians do not conduct themselves in the manner of heavenly beings, the reality is that we are humans first, so we are subjected to all the same terrestial temptations and tribulations.
Also, CCC opened it doors to all people with all backgrounds you can think of which brings about huge diversity in the church and the introduction of practices that are not customary to the CCC church.
I remembered vividly one of Papa’s (Papa SBJ Oshoffa) sermon at harvest as a child, when he said “leave the chaff and the wheat to grow together and the harvest will separate them” in accordance with Matt 13 : 30.
CCC hymn says “Ma sise lo, mase wa isimi, ma furugbin olukore mbo, oju oluwa mi wo ise re, awon angeli mimo nko won, iba se rere tabi ibi, ere ise re ni iwo yio gba”
Above all, ALL CHURCHES belongs to Christ and to the glory of one God (Jehovah). This is affirmed by Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 12 : 12 – 31. May God help us all in Jesus name.
Thank you for reading.
SMSE Ayoleke Ogunkoya